Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza
Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza is a delightful twist on the classic lemon meringue pie. This unique dessert combines the flavors of a tangy lemon filling, a buttery crust, and a fluffy meringue topping, all served in the form of a pizza. It’s a fun and creative way to enjoy the flavors of a traditional pie in a new and exciting way. Whether you’re a fan of lemon desserts or simply looking for a unique and delicious treat, this Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza is sure to impress.
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Step 1: Preparing the Crust
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out the pre-made pizza dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer the dough to a greased pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake the crust for about 10-12 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
Step 2: Making the Lemon Filling
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the water until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot sugar mixture to temper the eggs.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Let the lemon filling cool for a few minutes, then pour it onto the cooled pizza crust, spreading it evenly.
Step 3: Preparing the Meringue Topping
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, a tablespoon at a time, while continuing to beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the meringue over the lemon filling, spreading it to the edges of the crust to seal in the filling.
Step 4: Baking the Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza
Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the meringue turns golden brown. Keep a close eye on it to prevent burning.
Step 5: Serving and Enjoying
Remove the Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This unique dessert can be enjoyed warm or chilled, depending on your preference. Serve it as a delightful treat for family and friends, and watch as they marvel at the creative twist on a classic dessert.
With its tangy lemon filling, buttery crust, and fluffy meringue topping, Lemon Meringue Pie Pizza is a dessert that is sure to impress. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking to indulge in a unique and delicious treat, this recipe is a must-try. So, gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and get ready to enjoy a slice of this delightful dessert!