Thai Red Curry Tofu
Thai Red Curry Tofu is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the creaminess of tofu with the bold and spicy flavors of Thai red curry paste. This vegan and gluten-free recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal that is packed with protein and nutrients.
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Step 1: Prepare the Tofu
Start by draining the tofu and pressing it to remove excess moisture. Cut the tofu into cubes and set aside.
Step 2: Sauté the Vegetables
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and bell peppers, and sauté for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. Add the broccoli florets and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
Step 3: Cook the Tofu
Push the vegetables to one side of the pan and add the tofu cubes to the other side. Cook for about 5 minutes, flipping the tofu occasionally, until it becomes golden brown and slightly crispy.
Step 4: Make the Curry Sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together the Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, soy sauce, and coconut sugar until well combined. Pour the sauce over the tofu and vegetables in the pan.
Step 5: Simmer and Serve
Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Once the curry is ready, remove it from the heat and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve the Thai Red Curry Tofu over steamed rice or noodles for a complete and satisfying meal.
- If you prefer a spicier curry, you can add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes or a sliced Thai chili pepper to the sauce.
- Feel free to customize the vegetables in this recipe. You can add mushrooms, snap peas, or any other vegetables you enjoy.
- For extra protein, you can add cooked chickpeas or edamame to the curry.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave before serving.
Enjoy the rich and aromatic flavors of Thai cuisine with this easy-to-make Thai Red Curry Tofu recipe. It’s a perfect dish for both vegans and non-vegans alike, and it’s sure to become a favorite in your household.